April 20, 2011

Fine

Hey, little girl, what's up with you?
You've been crying, your eyes burnt through.
Need some help, let me give you a hand:
No, don't bother, I'm fine.

Hey, sweet princess, why you wearing that frown?
Stop acting like your entire world is crumbling down.
There are people, forced to live with less than you:
I don't really care, I'm fine.

Hey, little lady, is anything wrong?
There are slight hints that your demons are too strong.
Here, take my shoulder, it's the least I can do:
Get your hands off me, I'm fine.

Hey, lovely woman, what is wrong with your smile?
Has anyone ever told you that you are in denial?
They're crazy, there is nothing wrong with you:
What is your problem, I'm fine.

Hey, little boy, what's up with you
Do you really wanna know how I pull through?
I sit, and I smile with my life in my hands,
And I put on my face, “I'm fine.”

Hey, sweet prince, take a look at my frown.
You're the one who's breaking me, and dragging me down.
I have problems of my own, and one of them is you.
So I let you know, I'm fine.

Hey, little gent, the whole world's gone wrong,
You know how I feel and you know I'm not that strong.
You know when I say “I'm fine,” it's the hardest thing to do,
To keep on my poker face, I'm fine.

Hey, lovely man, I've forgotten how to smile.
No one wonders anymore, if I'm in denial.
It's clear that everyone here knows, including you:
I will never, ever be just fine.