June 5, 2011

Desire

David woke up every day
Edging through the month of may,
Searching for a way to find
If his body and his mind
Reached their limit, reached their end,
Even he could never mend

Every hole inside his heart,
Vinegar inside the scars,
Early rip them, deep and far
Never meant to heal.

In the night he realized
Need he bring it down to size?

In his mind his dreams too mad
To be fulfilled, the lonely lad.
She then came the moment he

Went looking for another she,
In the glimpse he caught her eye,
Looked and then he knew.
Dear, my dreams have taken way
Ended my search, shown me day,
She is what I want, I need
Take me to her door.

Time can never change my will
All I want is her and still
Next year and the year thereafter
Take me to her heart.
Ruined him, the boy so lone,
Utter madness, to the bone
Meek and shy he was no more,
So powerful, her charm.

Cupid, cupid, poor lad cried,
And no response, no one replied.
Now the boy had lost his faith,

Now he had given up.
End the day on a low note,
If he had his antidote
There would be no trouble now
How could he live through this?
Early in the morning when
Rain drizzled on the pavement, then

People watched the young man wander
Endlessly on the street.
Restless he walked t'wards the light
She took away his only fight,
Under the old bridge they found him
After he had jumped.
Death had almost caught him there,
Except, it'd be too much to bear,

Most of all his only love
Easily fell for him.

In sweat and tears, she ran to see
This beauty that had jumped for me.

Is it really for my sake that
Seas had almost had him?

Love, they thought, yes, this was it,
Oh, wonderful, and never split,
Vital, we are to each other,
Eminent in our world.

Need I tell you how it goes?
Often, love dies or love grows,
Ridiculed himself for her,

So she would stay with him.
This is what the life is like,
Oh, I love her, that despite
Preferences that both of them had,

Must have made them pretty mad.
Early though, our dear man saw her

For what she was, so many flaws.
Ruined was his fantasy,
Of loving her like God.
Must he really stay with she?

Was he in love, or let it be?
If this was what it would be like
Sheer desire would not do.
How funny theses things all turned out,
Indeed that's not what love's about.
Now he saw that's all it was,
Greed and selfish lust.

I guess he left her all alone,
Twas her who loved him after all.

When he had jumped for her to come,
Ever stay with him.
Reached his limit, he had done,
End her tale, and run.