November 29, 2010

Love Me

Love me for the lies I’ve told
And my sins, however cold.

Love me because I pretend
To laugh at horror movie’s end.

Love me ‘cause you can’t predict
The next move that I’m going to pick.

Love me because when I read,
I simply cannot pay you heed.

Love me because I prefer
Rhyming poems to free verse.

Love me for the tears I cry
When I watch Mufasa die.

Love me for the child I am
And for every door I slam.

Love me for I like to dream
Of rainbows, fairies, gold and gleam.

Love me because I believe
In angels, and I am
naïve.

Love me because I think God
Is very real, and very odd.

Love me for the things I say,
Of love, of peace, of a new day.

Love me for each candle flame
That I blow out thinking your name.

Love me ‘cause I’ll not let you
Be the one to love me true.

Love me not for my aced my tests,
Love me not at my behest,
Love me not ‘cause I love you,
Love me not as if you knew,
Love me not for my brown eyes,
Love me not if it’s all lies.

Love me and I’ll love you too,
If you love me like I do you.