November 29, 2010

Personal Bubble

The sun was hidden behind the clouds. Snow danced its way to the ground and settled with satisfying peace. I sank my feet deep into the snow with my slow steady footsteps, and watched the trail I left behind.

I stopped walking, and continued to study what I had found. I was in the centre of an enormous field. Straight ahead, I could see the hills, smoky, yet bright in the distance. Behind me, lay the forest of snow-covered evergreens which I had just come through. To my left, as well as to my right, was an eerie yet beautiful mist that obscured any further vision.

If not for the mountains and the trees, I could have been standing in the sky. It was the same colour as the snow beneath my feet. I was in a white orb, shut away from the rest of the world. My own, personal bubble.