November 29, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes, I draw my strength from how you see me.
Sometimes, I see no reason in how I must be.

Sometimes, you see more of who I am than I do.
Sometimes, I think it’s right to listen to you.

Sometimes, I clearly see exactly who you are.
Sometimes, I see no one alike, near and far.

Sometimes, you should look at the bigger picture.
Sometimes, there is more to find in books of fiction.

Sometimes, you can’t see your eyes, lest you look in mine.
Sometimes, what is there’s not what your eyes define.

Sometimes, we must walk by faith, and not by sight.
Sometimes, we must touch with care, and lose our fight.

Sometimes, you must not follow rules, but your heart.
Sometimes, there’s an end, for it to start.

Sometimes, you must tell me what is wrong.
Sometimes, the road to reach me may seem long.

Sometimes, I think about the things that you taught me.
Sometimes, I remember the things that made me see.

Sometimes, I realise you taught me all I know,
And yet, I still teach you and I help you grow.

And always, to me this remains a mystery.